The Christmas television special centering around a certain red-nosed reindeer that saves Christmas first aired on December 6, 1964. It has ran every year since, making it a beloved favorite of adults and children alike. One character in the movie is Hermey, a young elf who wants nothing more than to become a dentist. Now, Hermey from “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” is helping keep kids’ smiles healthy.
ADA Coloring Pages
The American Dental Association is offering free coloring pages to children to encourage them to maintain good dental health. The coloring pages are free for anyone to download on the ADA’s Mount Healthy Kids page.
The free coloring pages include:
- Hermey brushes the teeth of toys: This coloring page reinforces the image by telling kids to brush their teeth in the morning and at night.
- Hermey studying a book about dentistry as the head elf talks to him: The tip on this page is for kids to simply understand what a dentist does, which is take care of your teeth.
- Hermey checks out Rudolph’s teeth as Santa looks on: The tip is to take care of your teeth and keep them healthy.
- Hermey holds a toothbrush while wearing his elf costume: The tip is to brush and floss your teeth, eat fruits and vegetables and visit the dentist.
- Hermey moves down a path toward dental tools: Move Hermey from Point A to Point B on the path and also learn what tools to use, such as a toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss.
These coloring pages are a fun way to remind kids about the importance of good dental health. Since children love Rudolph and will recognize Hermey, they will relate to these pages. The best part? They are 100% free.
Want more ideas for ways to get your child excited about good dental health? Come talk to the professionals at Dentistry on 7.